Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Corson building

This past weekend we had a very special birthday celebration at the Corson building. The Corson Building is located in the Georgetown neighborhood. They have a very fun Farmer's Market there on the weekend. The guest of honor is my new cousin-in-law Heather. Heather is a special woman. She and I hit it off right away and I love spending time with her. She's smart, witty, kind, a good mother, friend and person. The party was filled with people who love her and I was honored to be invited.


I won't tell you her age (you wouldn't believe me anyway) but it was a special event and this location was just perfect. We had the whole restaurant reserved for the party. I think there were around 30 guests. Everyone dressed up, and you should have seen Heather's dress and shoes!


We started off the evening with cocktails and appetizers....I won't tell you how many cheese puffs I ate.......about 20.


The grounds are gorgeous, and we were able to walk around and really check the place out. I could imagine a couple having a really great, intimate wedding here. Very unique and charming.




The atmosphere inside is very homey. You just feel like you're having dinner at someone's house. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. They definitely take pride in their food and restaurant.


Inside this wood fired oven our chicken dinner is cooking. The oven was outside in the courtyard area.


For dinner we sat at tables in groups of about ten. Food was served family style. I have to apologize for the lack of food photos, but I was just too engrossed with eating! We had at least 4 different courses, with several items served. All the food was served with perfectly paired wines.

Some of the food highlights for me: a smoked trout spread, leek salad...now this leek salad was delish! Darling husband and I cook with leeks quite frequently, but I've never eaten leeks like this. They were served more intact, in the stalk form. Fantastic, and something I would love to try at home. And that chicken I told you about, it was served with chickpeas, and it was perfectly cooked. I wish I could tell you more about the food, but even though I don't have a lot of details, I enjoyed every bite.

For dessert we had chocolate cake served with ice cream and a little shortbread cookie. I should let you now, it wasn't just any cake, it was a special chocolate cake from Bakery Nouveau. I only recently had my first visit to this special bakery, and I'm looking forward to many more trips out there.


I think the birthday girl enjoyed it!

I'm hoping I get a chance to go to the Corson Building again. It's a special place with really tasty food. Maybe when I go again, I'll get some photos of the awesome dishes they prepare. If you get the opportunity, check it out, you won't be disappointed.

Happy Birthday Heather, I hope all your birthday wishes come true!



1 comment: