Thursday, April 5, 2012

Cadbury Mini Eggs Cookies

Easter candy is the best.  I look forward to it all year.  The absolute best candy?
I eat no less than 624 bags of these every year.  I love the creamy chocolate, the pastel colors, the yummy candy shells, the purple bag.  It's the best.
How do you make this candy even better? Throw it in a chocolate cookie!  I got this recipe from the ladies over at Our Best Bites.  Incidentally, I met these sweet bloggers when they were here in Seattle for a book signing. They are as sweet and precious as these cookies.
This cookie has such a good chocolate flavor.  They are soft and just melt in your mouth. I think they would be just as good with your favorite candy, but you MUST try them with Cadbury mini eggs.
Cadbury Mini Egg Cookies
recipe from Our Best Bites
1/2 cup Crisco
1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups flour
6 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 10 ounce Cadbury mini eggs

Preheat oven to 350.  Cream together butter, Crisco, and sugars.  Add eggs one at a time and then vanilla.  In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt.  Add to butter mixture and completely combine.  
Now you can work on getting out some aggresion!  I throw the mini eggs in a big Ziploc and start smashing them with a rolling pin.  Stir the pieces into your dough.  A good tip from the original recipe: save some of the bigger candy pieces. You will place those on the dough right before you bake.  This makes for really cute cookies!
Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.  I bake my cookies for 9 minutes.  They will be soft, but you don't want to overbake.
I love this recipe and I know you will too.  Better buy two bags of candy though, you'll need one for cookies and one to eat.  Hope you all enjoy your Easter weekend!

-->