Saturday, July 28, 2012

Red Pepper and Sausage Quiche



We love breakfast for dinner at our house. In fact, I would eat breakfast for lunch.  I guess that's brunch...
I made this for a quick and easy dinner recently, but you could easily make it for breakfast...or that crazy brunch thing.
To make it even easier I used ready made crust.  Sure you can make your own pie crust, but I love spending a couple bucks and getting two pie crusts! My only recommendation on store bought crust, buy the name brand.  I have bought store brand and it's just not the same.
All the ingredients for this easy quiche were right in my refrigerator.  Red peppers, garlic, onion, sausage, eggs, and this delicious cheese I recently received from Kerrygold
The great thing about quiche though, is that you can really personalize it to your taste.  Here's just my recommendation.
Red Pepper and sausage quiche
1 9 inch pie crust
1 bell pepper of your choice, diced
3 eggs
1 large onion, very thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup grated cheese
8-10 breakfast sausage links
Preheat oven to 400.  Prepare pie dish with crust. In a large saucepan saute onions, garlic, and pepper over medium heat.  Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Cook sausage links in a skillet over medium heat for 12-15 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink, turning frequently to brown evenly. Allow to cool.
Meanwhile in a large bowl, beat eggs with cream.  Add cheese and salt and pepper to taste.  Add cooled veggies and sausage, stir to combine.  Pour all ingredients into prepared pie dish.  Bake for 20-30 minutes or until eggs are set.
Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and brunch are all served!  This came together in a snap and the flavors were perfect.  Quick prep and easy clean-up make this a simple go-to meal.  Darling Husband said we should add it to the rotation, so I know this was a good quiche!



-->