Thursday, April 11, 2013

Blondies with peanut butter and M&Ms

Friends, ever have one of those days? Weeks? Months???  I hear ya! Trust me, I know people have much, much bigger problems than I do.  I know this.  Which is why my day can be simply made better with peanut butter.  Baking makes me feel better.  Eating makes me feel best.
Just to give you a little insight...you know that baby I have?  Little Miss P?  
Well the other day, she was in the car.....by herself....with my keys.
I was outside....doors were locked....AAA had to help us.  
See my dilemma?  I had to have blondies.  I also had to have wine, but that was later that evening.  I had some M&Ms that I got for a steal after Easter.  Yep, throwing those in.  Also, of course, peanut butter.  I was having a DAY people!  I needed peanut butter.
Make these if you're having a day, or if someone you know is having a day.  And don't you dare feel bad about eating the whole pan.
Blondies with Peanut Butter and M&Ms
adapted from my Betty Crocker cookbook
1/2 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla 
1 cup M&Ms
Preheat oven to 350.  Grease a 9x13 pan and set aside.
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.    Remove from heat and add brown sugar. Once that is combined stir in peanut butter.  Set aside and let cool.
Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Set aside.
Stir eggs and vanilla into the peanut butter mixture.  Fold in the dry ingredients until just combined.  Don't overmix.  Fold in M&Ms.  ( I saved a few to press right into the top of the dough) Spread evenly in your pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.  I would not bake for more than 30 minutes.  Allow to completely cool in pan before cutting into squares.  I like to use a pizza cutter for cutting bars.
Blondies are just so simple to make.  You don't even need softened butter. You can run into your kitchen and make these right now...and I don't know why you wouldn't.  Don't you feel better just thinking about it?
On a completely separate note, have you heard Google Reader is about to meet its demise?  I'm bummed because I've used it for quite a while to follow all my favorite blogs.  I know people have desperately been searching for a substitute.  I have decided to use bloglovin'.  I like it so far and can even read on my iPhone using their app!   
Check it out or let me know what reader you have switched to!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
-->