Sunday, July 7, 2013

Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Crisps

I couldn't wait to share this recipe with you all!  This is another treat that I shared with my book club.  These ladies are such a great group.  We all share a love of good reads, good gossip, and great food.  I should honestly share all the food that we eat, but I don't want you to be too jealous.  
As you know, fruit is not dessert in my opinion.  So this could just be a nice little treat for when you are in the mood for something light.  However, the cinnamon crisps might get you in trouble.  They are sort of like potato chips...betcha can't eat just one. Or twenty.  Since you are eating fruit, there's really no need to worry about consuming your weight in all that cinnamon goodness.
I used some of my favorite fruit: strawberries, blueberries, and peaches.  Just use this as a guideline, add whatever fruits you like.  If you don't have much time to make your own cinnamon crisps, serve this with graham crackers or cinnamon pita chips.
Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Crisps
For Salsa:
One 16 ounce carton strawberries, hulled and diced
One 16 ounce carton blueberries
3 fresh peaches, diced
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
2 Tablespoons fruit preserves (I used strawberry)
Combine all fruit in all fruit is coated.   Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, up to 4 hours.  
For Cinnamon Crisps:
10 burrito sized tortillas
6 Tablespoons melted butter
1 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350.  Cover one side of each tortilla with melted butter.  Sprinkle tortilla with cinnamon and sugar until entire surface is covered.  Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking spray.  Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with all tortillas.  Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Another perfect dish to enjoy this summer. I love being able to enjoy tasty fruit.  Followed by a cupcake, of course.







-->