Thursday, June 16, 2011

Red Velvet cupcakes


I don't care what anyone says...I think cupcakes are here to stay.

I usually prefer to eat two at a time, so I might single-handedly keep them in business.

My very sweet co-worker, Ganel was celebrating her 25th birthday, yes, she's a baby. When I found out she liked red velvet cupcakes I knew exactly what to make her!
I pulled out this trusty recipe.

Photobucket

I used heart sprinkles that I purchased at my favorite place...the Home Cake Store.
Yes, sort of like you would for Valentine's Day.

Photobucket

The thing is, if you know Ganel, she's totally a hearts type of girl.

She's adorable and I've never seen her have a bad hair day...honest.
She is my hero.

Maybe the heart sprinkles were my subtle way of expressing my love for her....hair.

I finally figured out how to frost cupcakes like a big girl!

All it took was the perfect Ateco 826 piping tip!

 You should get one, but be prepared to use a lot of frosting.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think everyone enjoyed the cakes. They would be adorable for Valentine's Day, 4th of July, or a Friday.

I think Ganel has finally recovered from all her birthday fun.
Oh to be 25 again!

Many, many more!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I say cupcakes are here to stay too! I absolutely love them and red velvet is my favorite. Yours look soooo good. Love the sprinkles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, red velvet is a recent favorite of mine! So nice of you to make cupcakes for your coworker. I just left 25 a few weeks ago, and let me tell you, I feel SO much older at 26!!

    ReplyDelete