Sunday, September 11, 2011

Capital Grille Happy Hour and flourless chocolate cake!

I was recently invited to attend another great Seattle Food Blogger's event hosted by Keren Brown.  This event was located at The Capital Grille in downtown Seattle.  
The venue itself is very impressive.  Nice decor and a great location.
The restaurant was kind enough to let us sample their happy hour menu.  And by sample, I mean, eat everything on the menu!  Wow..I ate some great food.
We started off sampling cocktails.  They were offering their signature martini, The Stoli Doli: pineapple infused vodka.  I think if you love pineapple, you would love this drink.  Two of the other ladies tried the Mojito and the Adults Only Arnold Palmer.  Both were very popular!
Then the food started coming out, and honestly, it didn't stop!  
Some of my favorites:
Parmesan Truffle Fries (I love anything with truffles!)  These fries were perfectly crisp and salty. I ate more than my fair share.


Mini signature cheeseburgers,with more fries. I loved this.  I'm all about sliders and this totally fit the bill.  Delicious bun, bacon, and Havarti cheese. One of these little guys and I was getting full!
We also sampled a mini tenderloin sandwich, lobster salad sandwiches, and the fresh mozzarella, prosciutto, and basil sandwich (another one of my top choices)  
The service was attentive and knowledgeable. Everyone was so friendly to us.  I left with a little swag bag filled with more info about the restaurant and a delicious cookie to be enjoyed later.  
The Capital Grille hosts their Happy Hour weeknights from 3-6 pm.  You should definitely stop by, with lots of friends!  The food and drinks are great, and you'll leave feeling satisfied (or if you're like me, stuffed!)
Through some email exchanges with Heather from The Capital Grille, I was able to get a copy of the recipe for their Flourless Chocolate Cake!  I made this for a recent dinner with friends.  It was so easy!  My favorite was having a slice with some vanilla ice cream.  The cake is very rich, and the ice cream was the perfect balance. 


Flourless chocolate cake
recipe courtesy The Capital Grille


Make this cake for all your chocolate loving friends!




1 pound semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 pound unsalted butter, diced
1 cup freshly brewed espresso
1 cup brown sugar
8 eggs, beaten


Preheat oven to 350.  Line the bottom of a 9 inch cake pan with parchment paper.
Bring butter, espresso, and sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring continuously.
Add chocolate, whisk until smooth and let cool slightly.
Stir eggs into chocolate mixture.
Pour batter into prepared cake pans.  You'll want to make a water bath for your cake.  I simply filled a roasting pan with water until it reached halfway up the sides of my cake pan.
Bake for about 45 minutes, or until center of the cake is set, the middle should not be soft.
Remove pan from water bath and let chill overnight!
I also recommend eating this cake for breakfast...right before you go to the gym.


A huge thanks to Keren and The Capital Grille for including me in such a great event.  
I think I'll be heading back there very soon....more cheeseburgers please!



-->