Thursday, November 17, 2011

Little Monster cookies for Will Bake for Food

This was the warning posted at the Will Bake for Food bake sale this past weekend.  
Obviously, these people are serious. 
I had a great time participating in this event.  I got to see some friends I haven't seen in a while and met many new people that I hope to see again soon.  Overall, the sale raised over $2500! WOW!  Also, lots of food was collected for the Emergency Feeding Program.  
Here's a small selection of some of the goodies that were for sale.  (I only got a few photos on my IPhone!)


Magical Rice Krispie treats from my new pal Adrienne, of A Big Mouthful.  Sugar Free...??
Spicy Caramel Brownies, from the ever-adorable Alli
Triple Chocolate Brownies from Our Lady of Second Helpings
She also made some delicious pumpkin oatmeal cookies.


Spiced almonds from Leslie of Fresh Picked Seattle
Dawn made these pumpkin cheesecakes and they were sold out in no time!
Jenny, one of the organizers of the bake sale made these delicious cheddar scallion biscuits.
I made these Little Monster Cookies
I've decided to name them Little Monster Cookies in honor of Lady Gaga..I love her!
I got this recipe from my friend Izzy and I've had it written on a little square of paper for years.  These cookies have M&Ms and peanut butter..that's a win-win!

Little Monster Cookies
makes 4 dozen cookies, or 2 dozen LARGE cookies
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
4 1/2 cups oats, I used old-fashioned
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup M&Ms

Preheat oven to 350.  LIne or grease your cookie sheets.
I recommend using an electric mixer for these cookies, this dough is serious.
Beat together butter and sugars. Add eggs, vanilla, and baking soda, mix well.
Mix in peanut butter and blend completely. Add oats and mix until combined.
Add M&Ms and chocolate chips.  I just stir these in with a spoon instead of using my mixer, it's a good arm workout.

Use an ice cream scoop to measure your cookies, they will spread, so allow plenty of room on the baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes.*  Cool on baking sheet for one minute, then remove to rack to cool.
* These cookies can be tricky.  If you bake them for the full 15 minutes you may get a slightly crunchier cookie.  When I baked them for about 13 minutes, they looked almost under-baked, but turned out softer.  Experiment to see what texture you like.

I had so much fun at this event! Thanks to Kory, George, Heather, Coco and Darling Husband for coming out to support me.  You all are so much sweeter than any goodie I could ever eat. Can't wait for next year..great job organizing Jenny and Jenny!
-->