Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Miette Peanut Butter Cookies

Look at the fun new book I was given for Christmas!!!  BFF Nikki knew I would love this book and she is so right!  How fantastic is the cake on the cover??
Miette bakery is located in San Francisco. The book is full of yummy looking cakes, cookies, and tarts.  I am hoping to make a cake next. The photos are enough to get you drooling.
The cutest part of the book? The scalloped pages inside!  Such an interesting detail.
And those peanut butter cookies?? I had to make them!
The recipe was very easy to follow, and the dough was very easy to eat!  
As you can see from the photo, they recommend using a meat tenderizer to flatten the cookies. That was my favorite part of the whole process.  I had never seen this done before, so I was curious to see how it would turn out.
Not bad!  but....not the exact look I was hoping for.  Nice to have a different look to your cookies though.


Miette Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes 24 cookies
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
Preheat oven to 350.  Line baking sheets with parchment or a silpat.
Combine flour, soda, and salt.
Cream together butter, sugars, and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
Add peanut butter. Stir in dry ingredients until just combined.
Form into balls and flatten with a meat tenderizer, or do the traditional fork method.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Yum!
I thought these cookies had a great peanut butter flavor, but I always have trouble getting a soft peanut butter cookie!! I do my best to not overbake, but they still come out crisper than I would like!  Any tips for me?
I am so happy with this new cookbook! Thanks Nikki!  I"m looking forward to trying their chocolate chip cookies also...and those darling little cakes!  Maybe I just need to book a trip down to San Francisco?!!?
-->