Sunday, February 12, 2012

Opal Brand Apples

I was recently sent some Opal Brand Apples to sample.  I am from Yakima, where apples literally grow on trees,(bad joke?) so I think I was born to eat apples! These apples did not disappoint!  They were sweet with a little bit of tart and nice and crisp.  They could easily become one of my go-to apples.
One of the great things about the Opals is that a portion of the sales benefits Katie's Krops, an organization that provides grants to kids to start gardens and then donate their crops!  Mini-farmers!  I"m all for anything that encourages eating food you grow yourself, I love the farm to table mentality.
If you live here in the Seattle area, you can find them at a Haggen store, or Top Foods.  I hear they really fly off the shelves though!  Maybe I should have shared!?!?
You can find a list of retailers on their Facebook Page. I'd like to get some more to see how they taste in baking. Anyone tried that?
I'm so thankful I got the chance to try this yummy fruit.  If you are out at the store and happen to see some, pick them up! You won't be disappointed!  What apple do you absolutely love?




I was provided samples of Opal Brand Apples to try, opinions are completely mine.
-->