Thursday, July 5, 2012

Marshmallow and Rice Krispie topped brownies.

These are some of the easiest brownies you can make.  Honest.  The brownies are from a box.  I love box brownies. For this recipe, you just add a few ingredients and you've taken your box brownies to a whole new level. 
I first had these brownies at a work party.  One of my favorite coworkers, Ganel, brought them in to share.  I was obsessed after my first bite.  She gave me the recipe, but I misplaced it.  I knew the basic ingredients and just played around with the measurements.
You have three layers:
baked brownies
marshmallows:
rice krispies mixed with peanut butter and melted chocolate chips:
as you can see the top layer didn't turn out so pretty for me, but it's the taste that matters!
Marshmallow and Rice Krispie topped brownies
One box brownie mix, family size, prepared as directed.  My favorite from the store is Duncan Hines.
4 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup chocolate chips, milk chocolate works best
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
Bake brownies as directed for a 9x13 pan.
Remove from oven and spread mini marshmallows in a single layer. Return to oven and bake until melted, about 3 minutes.  Remove from oven.
Meanwhile, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips until smooth.  Stir in Rice Krispies and mix well. Spread on top of marshmallows and brownies.  Allow to cool.
This is a treat that can't miss. The marshmallows add a different flavor and the top layer is a nice crunch.  These are too easy to make and eat!
This baby has nothing to do with this recipe.......I just love her!


-->