Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Summer Plates Menu at The Capital Grille

Sometimes you just need the perfect lunch to make your day. Recently I was invited to sample the new Summer Plates Menu at The Capital Grille.  I have been lucky enough to have some tasty bites and drinks at the restaurant before.  I have even made their flourless chocolate cake.  To make this lunch even more fun, I got to have a friend tag along!  So myself, little baby P, and BFF Nikki all set out to enjoy a nice lunch!
The Plates menus are all only $16, and they include soup or salad, entree, and a side.  There were two new items on the menu and we tried them both.  Nikki had the new carrot ginger soup. Perfect for the rainy Seattle day.
For her entree and side she chose the sliders and new Tomato and Watermelon salad with feta cheese.
Loved the yummy slider buns and the beef was cooked perfectly.  I also chose the Tomato and Watermelon salad for my side.  It was so refreshing.  I hope to make something similar this summer.  The heirloom tomatoes added great flavor and I just love feta cheese.
I started out with a classic, clam chowder.
Nice and creamy soup.  Exactly what you want on a rainy day.
For my lunch entree I chose the Lobster roll.
This was a decadent sandwich that I ate with a knife and fork.  The lobster was nice and sweet and the sandwich roll was perfectly buttery.  I would have eaten that roll all by itself! 
For dessert, we shared the creme brulee, with fresh fruit.  It was perfectly sized for two and exactly what you would expect from a creme brulee.
I think one of the nicest things about The Capital Grille is the service.  We were asked multiple times if we were under any time constraints.  They will have you out of there in 45 minutes.  Our server was very friendly and attentive and they were more than accommodating of my little one.  I've enjoyed both of my experiences at The Capital Grille.  I encourage you to try it, especially the plate lunches, they have several locations around the country.  I know I'll be back! Thanks for a great lunch Capital Grille!

-->