Friday, September 14, 2012

Greek turkey meatballs

Super easy dinner here.  Or lunch.  Or snack.  Also very healthy!
I love the flavors of Greek food.  So fresh and satisfying.  I served these meatballs with flat bread and Tzatziki sauce from Trader Joe's.  Sliced cucumber on the side.
You just toss everything in a bowl and then mix up!  Would be fun project for your kids to help with, let them get their hands dirty!
Greek Turkey Meatballs
1 pound ground turkey breast
1/4 cup diced red onion
2 cloves chopped garlic
1/2 cup Feta crumbles
1 tsp lemon zest
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 egg
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
Preheat oven to 400.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.  I use my hands to mix everything together really well.  Shape the mixture into meatballs, around 2 inches in diameter.  Place on baking sheet.  Flip meatballs halfway through baking.  Bake for 30 minutes.  
These would be great served with a salad. Super flavorful and you won't feel bad about eating the whole pan!  I really recommend the Trader Joe's flatbread, it's soft and doughy, and just delicious.  I like to slather it with their hummus.  Until I get a trip to Greece, these meatballs will have to do!
And with that, I have posted two savory dishes this week!  Yikes! Back to regularly scheduled programming next week!


-->