Thursday, January 31, 2013

January Bakin' Friends

Time for our monthly Bakin' Friends reveal.  I received some treats from one of my favorite blogging friends, Erin, who writes the delicious blog The Spiffy Cookie.  I was really excited to see that I would be receiving goodies from Erin.  She makes some of the tastiest treats you can imagine.  When I was busy with a newborn baby P, she shared this oh-so-fabulous guest post for Banana Peanut Butter Bread Pudding.  Do you see why I was happy to be her Bakin' Friend this month?  I couldn't wait to see how she would use this month's ingredient: applesauce!
She mailed me 2 mini loaves of almond applesauce bread..oh, with toffee bits.  This tasty package was sitting on my front porch when I returned home from a run.  I tore it open and ate half the loaf.  Hey, it was a mini-loaf!  Perfect treat after a workout.  I really loved the almonds, they added such great flavor.  To protect myself, I threw the other loaf in the freezer.  Thank you Erin for the great bread.  You can mail me treats from your kitchen anytime..I hope to return the favor soon!
I sent some oatmeal blueberry applesauce muffins to reader Tami.  She actually lives not far from me here in Washington!  Fun meeting new people!  If you would like to receive treats and inhale them like me, check out Stephanie's blog.  It's really not a tough decision...you can thank me later.

-->