Sunday, April 21, 2013

Chicken Enchiladas

Mexican food is one of my favorites.  To me it is just so satisfying.  I really can't think of a Mexican dish that I don't like.  Plus, I love margaritas.  These enchiladas are super easy to whip up and will definitely satisfy your Mexican food cravings.  Just in time for your Cinco de Mayo festivities!
These enchiladas are made with chicken, but you could easily make these vegetarian.  I almost always use rotisserie chicken when I'm making a dish that calls for chicken.  It is so easy and such a time-saver. Since we're making an easy dinner, I used canned enchilada sauce.  Feel free to make your own, but this tasted just right to me!  For added flavor, I toss in corn and bell peppers.  Of course, don't forget the cheese!
Chicken Enchiladas
2-3 cups cooked chicken
1 small diced onion
1 bell pepper of your choice, diced
1 cup corn, I used frozen
10 ounce can enchilada sauce
2 cups cheddar cheese, or a cheddar and jack combo
6 flour tortillas
1 bunch green onions chopped
Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
Over medium heat saute onion, bell pepper, and corn until veggies soften and corn is cooked through.
In a large bowl, combine cooked veggies with shredded chicken.  Add about half your can of enchilada sauce and stir to combine.  Spoon chicken mixture down the middle of each tortilla and sprinkle with cheese. Roll up tortillas and place seam side down in your prepared baking dish.  Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas. Top with remaining cheese and green onions. Bake for 25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is bubbly.
Here you have a quick, easy, and tasty dinner!  You can personalize it to suit your tastes. Throw in some beans, omit the chicken, substitute beef...endless possibilities!  These are also very tasty the next day! Since you made such an easy meal, that tastes like it took you hours...pour yourself a big margarita and enjoy!







-->