Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Golden Grahams S'mores Bars

Hi everyone! Hope you enjoyed a safe and happy long holiday weekend.  Did you BBQ?  Eat, or make anything fun?  I was happy to enjoy a grilled hot dog and my weight in Cheetos.  I have a tasty and easy recipe for you today.  I made this for my Bakin' Friend this month. Our secret ingredient was marshmallow.  For me, marshmallows automatically lead me to think about S'mores.  I wasn't sure how I would mail S'mores, so I was happy when I discovered this recipe in my Betty Crocker book!
This will be a great recipe for summer because it is no-bake!  No need to worry about turning on a hot oven in those hot summer months.   I imagine this being really fun for sleepovers with friends. Great treat to give to little ones who aren't quite ready to roast marshmallows.  
The recipe reminds me of Rice Krispie treats.  You melt together butter and marshmallows and then toss in some chocolate chips and vanilla.  Golden Grahams give you that tasty graham flavor and you add even more marshmallows.   They have to sit a little before they are ready....a true test of your patience.  So don't wait till summer to make these...do it today!
Golden Grahams S'mores Bars
1 bag (10.5) oz mini marshmallows, 1 cup reserved
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
5 Tablespoons butter
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 cups Golden Grahams cereal

Prepare a 13x9 pan by spraying with cooking spray and set aside.  In a large saucepan, over medium heat, melt chocolate chips, butter, corn syrup, and marshmallows.  Stir continuously until completely melted.  Once melted, remove from heat and add vanilla. Add cereal to saucepan and stir until completely coated.  Add remaining cup of marshmallows.  Spread evenly in prepared dish.  Let sit for at least an hour, or put in the fridge to speed up the process.
If you're not on your way to the grocery store to buy these ingredients, don't let me keep you.  I know this will quickly become one of your favorite treats to share ....or keep to yourself.







-->