Monday, July 29, 2013

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bars

So sorry about my long absence here on the blog!  We just moved into our new home and only got our Internet set up last week!  A week without Internet is just the worst! Thank goodness I have my trusty Iphone!  We've had a lot going on, and I'll fill you in on the new place, but here's a quick recipe.  This is the first thing I baked in my new kitchen!  I probably should have made something super impressive and delicious.  Honestly though, this was pretty delicious.  P and I enjoyed it for breakfast for a couple days.
I love quick and easy breakfasts and these bars fit the bill. Very few ingredients and only 1/4 cup brown sugar!  Perfect to share with the little ones.  I, of course, like to spread mine with a little extra peanut butter.  These were simple enough that I could do most of the work while the baby ran around the house.  A little yogurt on the side and we were satisfied till lunch!  Great to eat on the go for those who are too busy to sit down to breakfast.
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bars
1 and 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 large ripe banana, mashed
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
Preheat oven to 350.  Prepare 8x8 square baking pan with cooking spray or parchment paper.
Mix together oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.  Add in the vanilla, milk, and egg. Stir together.  Finally add banana and peanut butter.  Stir until ingredients are fully combined.  Pour into baking pan and spread evenly.   Bake for 20 minutes.  Cut into squares and enjoy!  Store in airtight container for up to three days.
Baby approved!  Looking forward to sharing more treats with her, and you, from our new home and kitchen!


-->