Sunday, August 25, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies

I absolutely love these cookies.  Like, I eat half the batch I love them so much.  What's even better than the cookies?  Eating the "dough" right from the pan.  This is such an easy recipe, but one you should definitely have in your arsenal. It's another one I have written on a post-it note and have been using for years.  The recipe is no-bake, so it's perfect for any time of the year.  Too hot to turn on your oven?  Make these cookies.  Cold, rainy day? Definitely make these cookies.  You can't go wrong!  I love the combination of chocolate, peanut butter, and the oats.  And you know what oats in a cookie mean...perfect for breakfast!
Chocoalte peanut butter no-bake cookies
makes at least 24 cookies, depends on size
Before making your cookies, lay out 2-3 sheets of wax paper on your kitchen counter/table.
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
2 cups sugar
4 Tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups rolled oats
In a heatproof bowl, combine oats, peanut butter and vanilla
Combine butter, milk, sugar and cocoa powder in a saucepan and melt ingredients together, stirring occasionally.  Bring the mixture to a full, rolling boil.  Once it begins to boil, set your timer and boil for exactly 1 and 1/2 minutes.  Remove from heat and pour over the oat mixture.  Stir to combine.  Once combined, immediately drop onto wax paper.  I used an ice cream scoop for measuring.   Let cookies cool until set.
I've seen a similar recipe made without the cocoa powder.  I'l have to also give that one a try...I'll keep you posted.  In the meantime, I'll be in the kitchen..eating these cookies.





-->