Monday, August 5, 2013

Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies

Sprinkles!  They just make me want to use exclamation points!! Exclamation point!!!  If a treat covered in sprinkles doesn't just make your day, then I really don't know what would.  It just adds that little extra something.  I made these cookies to celebrate the one year anniversary of my baking group, Bakin' Friends.  Our ingredient for the month was sprinkles and I was so excited! Exclamation point!!
I also, kind of, sorta, cheated with these cookies.  The main ingredient is Funfetti cake mix!  Probably one of the easier cookies I have made in a while.  However, don't go thinking these taste less than awesome.  No one has to know you didn't spend tons of time getting out all your measuring cups.  Oh, on top of cake mix?? There's also pudding mix in these little cookies.  Pudding mix really helps make these cookies soft.  It doesn't change the flavor, but definitely improves the overall texture of the cookie.
There are already sprinkles in the cake mix, but I threw a few extra star-shaped sprinkles on top prior to baking.  I think I'll try these again and use holiday sprinkles.  The flavor is fun.  It's like cake, but like a cookie.  If you like Funfetti cake, and who doesn't, you'll love these cookies. If you have something coming up that demands a fun celebratory cookie, you've got it right here.
Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
1 box Funfetti cake mix
1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
extra sprinkles for fun
Preheat oven to 350.  Line baking sheet with parchment or a silpat.
In a large bowl combine all ingredients, except the extra sprinkles.  Stir together until a dough forms.  Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet.    Press extra sprinkles into the top of dough.  Bake for 8-10 minutes.  Cookies will just start to brown. They may appear underdone, but don't bake longer than 10 minutes.  Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack.
You'll probably want to make two batches of these cookies.  I had a hard time sending them off in the mail. I'm looking forward to trying more cookies like these.  Not a lot of work, but major reward!  That deserves extra sprinkles!





-->