Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies with white chocolate chips

This is my third year participating in the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap!  That means that I have sent, and received, approximately 108 tasty cookies through this exchange.   Each year after sign-up you get assigned to three different bloggers, you bake up three dozen cookies, send a dozen to each different blogger, and then wait by your mailbox for your cookies to arrive.  I made the above cookies, but more about those later...
Check out what I got!
Delicious Double Chocolate Biscotti with Almonds and Sea Salt from Blogging over Thyme
Classic Coconut Macaroons from Ink Foods
Wonderful Date Nut Cookies from Two True Foodies
Lucky me!!  Thanks to all the bloggers who shared with me!  I so enjoyed every bite!
I mailed out oatmeal cookies with dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.  I think cranberries are great at Christmas time and white chocolate chips pair perfectly with them.  I received these before and couldn't wait to mail them out myself.  Unfortunately there weren't any left for me to eat...better get back in the kitchen!
Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies with white chocolate chips
adapted from Southern Living
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups sweetened dried cranberries (I used Craisins)
1 and 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat. 
Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.  Set aside. 
Beat butter at medium speed with mixer until creamy.  Add sugars, beating well. Add egg and vanilla, beating until blended.  Gradually add flour mixture and beat until blended, scraping bowl as needed.  Stir in cranberries and white chocolate chips.
Drop dough by heaping spoonful onto cookie sheet.  Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.  Cool on sheet for about 2 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. 
These cookies will definitely be added to my holiday baking rotation.  I had so much fun participating in the cookie swap this year, can't wait for the next one!  Thanks again to the lovely ladies who baked for me!  3 dozen cookies! So glad it's stretchy pants season!








-->