Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014!

Happy New Year!  I hope you all had a joyous holiday season. We had a nice time with friends and family. Peyton had so much opening gifts, she definitely was more interested in the holiday this year. 
For the first year, we brought home an artificial Christmas tree.  This is huge for me.  I love the tradition of going to pick out that one special tree.  You strap it to the roof of your car, bring it home, and hope it will stand up straight.  Our tree came from Target, we took it out of a box, and it looked pretty darn good.  I still had to have a real tree though, it just didn't feel right without one.  We went to a nearby tree farm and cut one down. P ran around the farm and we brought home a perfectly lovely little tree.  The nice thing about a fake tree? No need to tear it down right away and put it on the curb.  You can switch out the decor and make it a New Year Tree.  I did just that...
I covered my tree in silver and gold, New Year's tiaras, and party blowers.  I'm going to savor these last few days with my festive tree and holiday memories.  I hope you all have a new year full of food, friends, love, health, and lots of laughs.


-->