Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Crafts: Pom Pom Wreath

Decorating at the holidays is so much fun.  Since this is our first Christmas in our new home, I really wanted to have some fun new things in the house.  However, Christmas decor can be quite expensive.  I turned to my favorite time-suck, Pinterest, for a little DIY inspiration.  I think wreaths are really fun and festive.  I loved that this wreath was all white, so I can easily switch the bow and have it up all winter.
I guess this is a knock-off version of a very expensive Anthropologie wreath.  With coupons and sales on yarn, I spent just under $20.  I probably could have spent a little less, but I was just a little short and had to buy another bundle of yarn.  The project took me very little time.  I could make the yarn pom poms while watching TV and then pin them into my wreath.  Just like cooking or baking, it's satisfying to be able to create something and then enjoy it.  
I followed this tutorial here. The only thing I did differently was that I needed 4 plus a little more yarn bundles.  All of my supplies came from Michael's, all on sale.  With the yarn I have left, I may be able to make a mini version!  If you're looking for a fun winter wreath, or a nice homemade gift, this wreath is sure to fit the bill!


-->