Sunday, January 19, 2014

Nutella cookies with chocolate chips

Hey friends! I feel like I haven't been spending too much time in the kitchen lately.  You know how everyone gets on the fitness train in the beginning of the year?  Well, I haven't been doing that, trust me.  I just haven't made anything worth documenting!  But then I made these cookies....
I'm not a person who eats Nutella straight from the jar.  Peanut butter? Um, yeah.  Nutella is good, but I really loved it in these cookies!  It just added such a nice extra chocolate flavor with a hint of hazelnut.  They have a crisp outside and are soft in the middle.  If you have a Nutella lover in your life they are bound to just love these cookies.
Nutella cookies with chocolate chips
adapted from Giada
1 and 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup butter, softened at room temperature
1/2 cup Nutella
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375.
In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In the bowl of your stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, cream together butter, Nutella, and brown sugar, about 4 minutes.
Add egg and vanilla, beating until smooth, about one minute.
Slowly add dry ingredients, mixing on low.  Fold in chocolate chips
Drop by rounded spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake until edges start to crisp, about 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool on cookies sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
See? You'll just love these cookies.  I like to challenge my ingredient choices. Now back to peanut butter.







-->