Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Peanut Butter Blossoms with chocolate chips

Yes, more cookies.  Yes, more peanut butter and chocolate. Forgive me, okay? This is such a classic cookie, but it's my first time making them.  I wish I hadn't waited so long!  Definitely one of the easiest recipes you can find.  You most likely have all the ingredients in your pantry. 
With Valentine's day right around the corner, it's a good time to stock up on chocolate. If I'm being honest, Hershey Kisses are not my favorite chocolate.  Oh, trust me, I will eat them...a lot of them, but I never go out of my way to buy them.  Kisses are just perfect in these cookies though!  I used Kisses with almonds because I made them with a friend in mind.  I also tossed in some chocolate chips because you know, why not?
Peanut Butter Blossoms with chocolate chips
adapted from Brooklyn Farm Girl
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 bag Hershey Kisses
sugar for rolling cookies in
Preheat oven to 350.  In a large bowl, using a hand-held or stand mixer, beat together butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla until fully combined about 1 minute.
Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Mix on medium speed until combined.  Lastly, fold in chocolate chips.  Roll dough into balls about 1 inch.  Roll in sugar and place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies start to just turn brown.  Immediately upon removing from oven, press a kiss into the middle of each cookie.  Allow to cool on sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack.  Store in airtight container.
I told you! So easy and tasty.  I'm not sure what you're still doing sitting around reading this...get to baking!
-->