Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Chocolate Brownie Cookies

I have a subscription to Bon Appetit magazine.   I love receiving it and picking out recipes I want to make. These cookies came straight from the magazine.  The title was Chocolate Brownie Cookies.   How could I resist?  Also the ingredient list is about 6 things.  You don't even have to soften butter.  Everything mixes together in one bowl!  They are so easy I made two batches in less than 24 hours.  Have I convinced you yet??
These are the ultimate cookie for a chocolate lover.  There is cocoa powder, chopped chocolate, and I added mini chocolate chips.  They remind me of that first bite of brownie; that bite of the top layer.  The chopped chocolate and mini chips add a different dimension.  If you want a brownie in a cookie form, you've got it.
Chocolate Brownie Cookies
makes 2 dozen
3 cups powdered sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 egg whites
1 egg
4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
3 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350.  Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silpat.
Whisk together powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a large bowl.  Whisk in egg whites and egg. Lastly fold in chocolate and chocolate chips.  Spoon batter by the tablespoonful onto baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches of space between, batter is somewhat runny.
Bake, rotating sheets once, until cookies are puffed, cracked and just setting around the edges, 14-16 minutes.  Allow to cool completely on cookie sheet before removing, they'll firm up while cooling.
I was told by one of my closest friends that this is the best cookie I've ever made....I'm pretty sure she wasn't just sucking up to me.  I might have to make her some more just to make sure though.

-->