Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

Are you guys lovers of Valentine's Day like us?  I hope so and not just because of the lovey-dovey stuff.  Mostly because of the treats that go along with it.  And everything heart-shaped and pink and red. Peyton and I have been getting into the spirit and decorating and spreading the love.
It's such a bummer for me when Christmas is over and it's time to take down all the decorations.  Enter Valentine's Day and cheery decorations.  In our new house we have a fireplace so I decided to dress up our mantel and make some things for P's playroom.

The heart garland is actually a table runner from Michael's.  I bought the paper X and O at Jo-Ann and covered them in glitter paper.  The tassel garland was really fun and easy to make, I followed this tutorial exactly.  I will definitely make more of these!
This heart garland frame was another simple DIY project.  I bought a simple frame at Michael's and painted it bright red.  The hearts were punched from cardstock using my Recollections 2 and 3/8 inch heart punch, found at Michael's.  I used double stick tape to attach them to twine and taped the twine to the back of the frame.  Easy and inexpensive!
These same hearts were used in Peyton's raining hearts umbrella.  I bought a big piece of red poster board at Target and just drew the umbrella free hand.  Thanks to Darling Husband I have miles of fishing line on hand and it works so great for crafting!  I taped the hearts to the fishing line in varying numbers.  Those lines were all just taped to the back of the umbrella.  Just be careful not to get your raining hearts tangled!
I wish you a Happy Valentine's Day whether you like it or not!!  We have a low-key day planned , celebrating with a Heart Baker pizza from Papa Murphy's.  I'm sure chocolate will also be consumed...that's something we can all celebrate!
-->