Sunday, April 10, 2011

What's for dinner? Meatloaf sliders and jojo potatoes

How many times do you find yourself asking this question...What's for dinner?!??!  I'm constantly looking for something new or interesting to make for dinner for us.  I found a great new site that I think is genius, This week for dinner.  I think it's so helpful to see what others are making.  So here's a dinner we had recently, nothing fancy, but tasty and easy.
For the jojos, I just cut up two russet potatoes into spears.  Throw those in a bag with whatever seasoning you like.  I used oil, salt and pepper.  Shake them around and throw onto a cookie sheet to bake.  I needed the oven at 350 for the sliders, that's pretty low for potatoes, so I put them in the oven while I got the sliders ready.  You'll probably need to flip them once during baking so both sides get crisp.  Bake for  about 30-40 minutes.


I love meatloaf.  It reminds me of growing up and my mom and grandma.  I think it's a great American classic.  Darling husband, being Taiwanese, didn't grow up eating these American classics, so when I make them he is overjoyed!  Everyone probably has their own special meatloaf recipe. Use that recipe for these sliders, whatever tastes good to you.  I never measure my meatloaf ingredients, I just throw it in a bowl and get to mixing.
Here's my basics:

  • ground beef (any meat is great, I just always use ground beef), worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs, garlic, onion, ketchup, and an egg to bind.  Throw in a bowl and mix ( I use my hands)
I sprayed a baking rack with cooking spray and placed it on a cookie sheet.  I made my sliders about the size of an egg, shaped them into patties and placed on prepared baking sheet brush the tops with a little ketchup.  On a side note, have you tried Trader Joe's ketchup??  Wow! It's the best ketchup out there!
Bake for about 20 minutes.  Your house will smell awesome!
Little dinner rolls make great slider buns.  I have seen buns made specifically for sliders, but they can be tough to find.  I tend to see them a lot more during the summer.  Potato rolls are easy to find and you'll probably have enough left over to add to another meal later in the week.
A tasty and easy meal!!  What are some of your go-to dinners?  

3 comments:

  1. looks so yummy Alex! I think I will try them this week. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm that looks so good!! Have to try those after I finish P90x! Tacos, and pot roast are 2 of my go-to meals, both are pretty easy and you can make them a little different every time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P90X!! Good for you Ashley! Don't you just love Tony?? What a crack up!
    You are so right on tacos! I never make pot roast...I should! Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete