Sunday, October 30, 2011

October Foodie Pen Pal

How excited would you be to see this sitting on your front porch??  When I first saw this package, I thought shoot! I didn't package up my goodie box nearly this cute!  Then I immediately tore it open.  
As I kid I always dreamed of a pen pal.  Some sweet young girl living in Paris, running around in a cute beret and striped dress.  She'd send me letters about her awesome life and then invite me to spend the holidays with her family in Paris.  I'd go, we'd be fast friends, marry twin brothers and live next door to each other.   Hmmm....that never happened.  I also dreamed of a celebrity pen pal.  That never happened either....
So when I discovered that my childhood dream of having a pen pal, (and that my dream would involve food) was about to come true....sign me up! 
Thanks to Lindsay, for organizing the monthly Foodie Pen Pals.  Each month we are paired with either a reader or another blogger and we get to send and receive a fun package.   Each package should include a fun foodie treat, homemade or bought and a little something hand-written.  If you are interested, you should definitely sign up. I"m so glad I did.  
I sent my package to Molly, of Hungry Hungry Runner.  I was so excited to be paired with her for my first Foodie Pen Pal exchange.  I've recently started following her blog and we've had fun corresponding.  Check out her blog to see what I sent her from my neck of the woods here in Seattle.  You'll love reading her posts, she has a great sense of humor.
I received my package from a reader, Sara.  This was the first month we both participated in the Foodie Pen Pal exchange.  Sara really spoiled me!
Isn't that pasta gorgeous?!  I love the rainbow colors.  I can't wait to think of a yummy dish to make with this pasta.  Who doesn't love Johnny's seasoning???  Isn't it in just about everyone's kitchen?  I know people just put it on everything.  I know I'll be sprinkling it on lots of food.  My favorite thing though, has to be the creamed honey!
I can't wait to spread that on my corn bread!  Sara is from Utah, the honey bee state! 
Plus she sent me a recipe I'm drying to try:
Now that the weather is getting cooler, this Creamy Chicken Chowder is going to be a welcome addition to my kitchen!
Sara truly spoiled me.  From the packaging, to the contents, to the sweet note she included, I loved every little detail. Thanks Sara!
I can't wait to see what November brings...maybe someone in Paris?? :)
-->