Friday, November 4, 2011

Quinoa Salad

This isn't so much a recipe as just an idea.  I take only 30 minutes for lunch.  This hardly leaves me enough time to do anything but grab something from the fridge.  I pretty much brown bag it everyday.  Truth be told, I am a pretty boring eater.  I can eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch everyday during the week and it really doesn't bother me.  Two things I eat everyday: yogurt and an apple.  Chobani Greek yogurt is just about my favorite thing ever.  Quinoa is a close second.  Qunioa is protein-dense, gluten-free, and full of fiber.  All that healthy stuff and it still tastes so good?!?  
This is a simple little salad you can make and customize it however you like.  
I started with a basic quinoa and added some of my favorite veggies.
and some delicious feta cheese.  You could easily add chicken for even more protein. 
Follow the directions on your quinoa packaging and then let your mind go wild.   
One cup of dry quinoa provided me with lunch for about 3 days!  Very little work, but tons of reward.  I tossed everything together and then just drizzled a little olive oil on top.  I think a little red onion would have been a delicious addition.  Make this on Sunday afternoon and you're ready for lunch for the next few days.  No need to grab fast food or pay $8 for a salad.  This salad tastes like a million bucks.
With something so healthy, you deserve a cookie...one for me too!
What's your favorite, easy, go-to, brown bag lunch?  I need something to eat over and over for the next 3 months!
-->