Friday, August 31, 2012

August Bakin' Friends

This month I signed up to join other bakers in a baked goods exchange.  Steph sets this up so that lovers of treats can bake them up and share the love.  Each month we are assigned a secret ingredient that must be used in our treats.  This month we were assigned....Oatmeal!!  I was happy..this is a staple in my baking arsenal.
I received my package from the girls over at Pas de Deux Blog.  Immediately I was humiliated!  Do you see the cute packaging?!?!  I didn't even need the treats inside!  The wrapping itself was already delicious enough!  I am going to have to step it up next time I send out my treats!  Thanks for inspiring me ladies!  Now to the good stuff inside...
Oatmeal peanut butter cookie bars!  Each one was individually wrapped...classy, plus portion control for me.  These bars were the perfect mix of peanut butter and oatmeal, with some yummy peanuts also.  I ate way more than I care to admit.  I baked some Carmelita bars for Linda, and I'll be sharing the recipe soon!

I had a great time participating in Bakin' Friends and I"m looking forward to next month! Check out Steph's page for all the info here
-->