Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pay Day, peanut butter, and chocolate bars

Sometimes there are candy bars that are just underrated!  I think the Pay Day is one of those.  Rarely do I see anyone buy a Pay Day.  It's a tough market when you are competing with Peanut Butter Cups and M&Ms.  Whenever I see a little Pay Day in a candy dish, I grab it.  They remind me of my old job and my sweet boss who would throw the fun size bars in her candy dish.  Whenever I would eat one, I would think, "why don't I eat these more often??"  Now I don't buy them because candy bars are too darn expensive! I'd rather buy a big bag of M&Ms, eat the entire thing, and cut my losses.
This bar celebrates my love for the Pay Day and chocolate and peanut butter.  Very simple peanut butter cookie base with some chopped up candy bar and chocolate chips. I think I'll try it with some other candy bars too.  But for now, the Pay Day is the star of the show.
Pay Day, peanut butter, and chocolate bars.
makes 1 8x8 pan
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted and cooled butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
2 king size Pay Day bars, chopped
Preheat oven to 350, grease pan.
In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer combine, melted butter, brown sugar, sugar, and peanut butter until light and creamy. Add egg and vanilla.  Once combined, add dry ingredients and mix on low speed.  
Press half of the peanut butter cookie mixture in the bottom of pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips and chopped Pay Day bars over the top.  Crumble remaining half of peanut butter cookie dough on top.  Bake for 20-25 minutes.
This bar is sure to satisfy your peanut butter cravings. What's your favorite forgotten candy bar?


-->