Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Three Months of Motherhood

Time flies when you're having fun....or dealing with an infant.  It's crazy because some days I can't believe she's already three months, but other days it seems like it's been three years.  We've been having a fun summer.  Seattle has had some unusually hot days, which have been challenging.
At three months, things are starting to go a little smoother.  She's sleeping through the night, but now napping is less frequent.  She has become very fun and interactive.  It's so fun to see a smiling, happy baby.  We're still dealing with the occasional bouts of fussiness....I guess babies are like that?!?  I'm so thankful for friends with babies who I can vent to.  We've also joined a PEPS group, which I'll blog more about later, that has become a really nice support.  
Miss P has definitely found her voice (often screaming) and I see little bits of her personality already.  She loves watching me eat and staring at her fists.  Life still presents its daily challenges, but we're figuring out how to navigate them together.    Seems that when we have a tough day, she gives me a smile and all is forgotten.  I'm still not sure that I'm doing any of it right, but we're both still alive at the end of the day, so I'll count that as a win.  
As I mentioned, I am thankful for friends who have babies and make me feel like I'm not alone in this battle.  Sure my baby isn't perfect, but she may be normal after all.  I'm also thankful for friends without babies.  They remind me that while I am challenged, I am very blessed.  They also remind me of all the things that have led me here.  I can live vicariously through those that sleep in, eat 3 meals sitting down, and whose evening discussions don't revolve around poopy diapers.  It's all of us who are helping mold this little person.  Three months in and I'd say it's a success.


-->