Tuesday, October 23, 2012

5 months of motherhood

5 fun months!  I can't believe it's been almost half a year since my life completely changed.  5 months of firsts, frustrations (for mom and baby), but mostly, tons and tons of fun.  It's also been at least 5 months since I've had an 8 hour stretch of sleep, but who's counting? I'm too tired to count.....
Major fun, and further proof that she is my child, this kid LOVES solid food!  Eating bananas and rice cereal like a champ.  She makes the most adorable noise when eating bananas, and I usually can't stand noisy eaters, must be that unconditional mother's love thing.
Even more fun? Our first overnight trip!  We took our yearly visit to the San Juan Islands with BFFs Kory and George. We had to delay it this year, due to her birth, but it was still really fun in the fall. We had some rough nights of sleep, but overall, she did great and I look forward to having many more family trips there.
I'm doing my best to live in the moment and enjoy this time because I know we'll never get it back. Sometimes it's tough to remember that.  I find myself thinking ahead a lot...
" when she's sleeping through the night, when she's crawling, when she's out of diapers, when she's dating...."  I know someday I'll look back and wish she was a little 5 month old again. My life is totally and completely different than it was 5 months ago.  Heck, it's different than it was 5 weeks ago. That's the thing about kids, they keep you on your toes.  One thing is certain, when I see her little sleeping face on the baby monitor, I think I could just burst I cherish her so much, and that's a moment I'm savoring.


-->