Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Cookie Butter White Chocolate Chip Blondies

So finally I have rid my pantry of Cookie Butter!!  I couldn't handle it in there anymore.  Always taunting me just sitting there.  I had just enough left to whip up a treat for this month's Bakin' Friends exchange.  This also forced me to get these blondies out of my house.  I shouldn't have baked goods readily at my disposal.  However, I had to sample a bite before I mailed them...quality control.

This month's secret ingredient was cinnamon and I think Cookie Butter pairs perfectly with that.  I added the white chocolate chips for something different. I was thinking pretzels might by fun too, add a little more salt.  Or...I might throw in some crushed Biscoff cookies!  Alright..I better get in the kitchen, and you should to! GO!
Cookie Butter White Chocolate Chip Blondies
adapted from Joy the Baker
10 Tablespoons butter, cut into cubes
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup cookie butter, or Biscoff Spread
2 eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325. Grease a 9x13 pan, I find it really helpful to use parchment paper for these blondies.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and brown sugar until combined.  Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Once cool, stir in cookie butter.  Let cool for another 5 minutes and add in eggs and vanilla.
Whisk together salt, cinnamon, flour, and baking powder.  Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.  Stir until combined.  Fold in white chocolate chips.  Pour batter into pan and smooth. Bake for 25 minutes.  *you may want to bake for 30 minutes, I like them a little soft and slightly underdone*
I was so happy to share these treats with Steph.  I'm looking forward to making them again, but maybe this time, I won't share?

-->