Saturday, December 29, 2012

7 months of Motherhood

I know it seems like I was just writing about 6 months with Baby P, and now here we are at 7!  This has been a pretty big month.  Lots of new things in this little girl's life.
We did our first 5K together!
The race was an annual Turkey Trot here in Seattle.  It was a special day because it was Thanksgiving and also my birthday!  Who better to share it with than my little sweetie?  I hope that Peyton enjoys a life of fitness.  I will do my best to encourage her by showing her what an important element it is in my life.  
We survived our first major holiday...Thanksgiving!
We always spend the holiday with our family enjoying good food.  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday so I was so excited to share it with P.  Unfortunately, P is a little apprehensive around people.  She spends pretty much every hour of every day with me and Darling Husband.  So when she gets around others, she sort of loses it.  She'll smile at you, but don't try and hold her.  We were even joking that day that no one should even look her in the eye.  It was a long day for her, but she sure looked good.
Speaking of food, I am having so much fun using my Beaba Babycook.
I got this little gadget for a steal on Craigslist and I just love it. This machine will steam and puree all in one.  It makes baby purees in a snap!  Peyton's favorite right now is definitely carrots.  She also really enjoys yogurt, so I mix that up with baby cereal.  I've had a lot of fun making baby food, but also give her jarred food.  We just do whatever works!
Overall, this has been such a fun time.  Each day she shows me a new glimpse into her personality. She loves her dog brother and is appropriately apprehensive about the cat.  She has a great laugh and loves to giggle.  She loves stacking things and then knocking them down.  If there is a tag on anything, she will find it.  Playtime is becoming very fun.  Who knows what the next months will bring?

2 comments:

  1. P is getting so big, I know I say that every month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing a great job! Proud of you xoxo, eve

    ReplyDelete