Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Garlic Butter Mini Monkey Bread



I am so excited to be participating in a virtual baby shower for sweet, sweet Rachel, who blogs over at The Avid Appetite.  She is expecting her baby girl early next year.  Rachel was one of my very first blogging buddies.  I've been following her blog for a while now and it is one of my favorite reads.  Even though we have never met, I know we would be great friends!  I love everything she writes about: food, fashion, books, her soon to be baby!  She has always been so supportive of me, just truly a genuine person.  When I was pregnant she sent me a yummy batch of strawberry cheesecake bars!  Just the perfect thing for a sweets-loving mama-to-be.
For Rachel's shower I wanted to make something mini sized.  I recently made a batch of monkey bread which got me to thinking about my mini bundt pans.  How about making mini monkey bread?  Admittedly, this is a super easy thing to make. All you do is throw some frozen Rhodes rolls into the pans, top with butter and garlic and wait.  But, being a busy new Mom myself, I know how important it is to have super easy and quick recipes to make.  Rachel can throw this on the counter, snuggle up with her baby, then toss these in the oven and have a tasty treat in no time. These did turn out bigger than I expected. I probably could have just used 2 frozen rolls, but you know me, the more bread, the better!
Garlic Butter Mini Monkey Bread
12 frozen Rhodes rolls
2 cloves minced garlic
3 Tbsp melted butter
Grease 4 mini bundt pans (or a muffin tin) Place 3 rolls in each pan.  Combine melted butter and minced garlic.  Pour evenly over each bundt pan.  Place plastic wrap over all 4 pans and let sit at room temperature. Allow to rise for 5 hours or until rolls double in size.  Place bundt pans on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.  Allow rolls to cool and serve!
Thanks to Lauren for hosting this baby shower.  I am pleased to be on the list of participants.  Congrats to Rachel and her husband. Enjoy these last few weeks of pregnancy and take good care of yourself! I am so excited for you to start this exciting new journey..can't wait to hear all about it! 
Check out the other tasty treats that were lovingly prepared for Rachel!
Baby Shower Chocolate Clusters from Keep it Sweet Desserts
Candy Stuffed Peanut Butter Bars from The Lean Green Bean
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Maple-Marshmallow filling from Eats Well with Others


-->