Sunday, March 3, 2013

February Bakin' Friends

One of my favorite posts of the month....Bakin' Friends!  Nothing better than receiving a box of treats in the mail.  When I received this box from reader Desiree, I was thrilled.  February's ingredient was dark chocolate and she used the chocolate in some perfect brownies.  Dark Chocolate Caramel Brownies with Salted Peanuts to be precise.  I can't think of anything else you need in a brownie.  
Desiree told me that her husband said these should be called Snickers brownies, and he is totally right.  These brownies completely reminded me of a Snickers bar.  The sweetness of the caramel balanced out the richness of the chocolate, and then a nice little salty crunch from the peanuts.  I think they would be even more  delicious served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.   Thanks so much Desiree!  I sent some Dark Chocolate Cookies with Sea Salt to Annie, of What's Annie Making.  I'll share the recipe soon.
If you're still waiting to sign up for Bakin' Friends, you should go ahead and do it now.  You could be lucky enough to receive a box of brownies just like I did.  Each month has been full of delicious goodies right on my door step...I'm sure you would like some too.
-->