Monday, September 30, 2013

September Bakin' Friends

Bakin' Friends reveal day!  This month our secret ingredient was zucchini!  I received two different types of cookies from Racheal of Running with Racheal.  Lucky me!
On the left, Zucchini oatmeal cookies with cranberries and white chocolate chips and on the right Double Chocolate Zucchini cookies.  Even though I am a chocolate fiend, the oatmeal was my favorite.  These cookies were so soft.  I loved biting in and getting a taste of the white chocolate chips and cranberries.  I also mailed out a chocolate and zucchini combo, so Racheal and I were on the same wavelength.  I have never thought that would be a good combo, but it really is!  
Fall is such a fun time for baking and being in your kitchen.  If you don't think your sweat pants will accommodate all the treats you want to make..sign up for Bakin' Friends, then you can just pop those treats in the mail!
Speaking of fall foods, I know a popular ingredient this time of year is pumpkin! It's one of my favorites for sure.  For Bakin' Friends last year I made these Pumpkin Granola Bars with white chocolate chips.  Buzzfeed featured them in a list of 101 Pumpkin Recipes.  Check out all the other recipes...I only have 100 more to make to complete the list!


-->